For the days when you’re on the run with coffee in hand, grab one of these super easy, nutritious no-bake trail mix granola balls. Easy, healthy recipe!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup crispy rice or grain cereal, whole grain if possible (we used Grape Nuts)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (we used Craisins® 50% Less Sugar Dried Cranberries)
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts and/or seeds (we used chopped raw walnuts)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy-free if needed
- In a microwave-safe bowl or a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, peanut butter, and coconut oil.
- Melt gently and stir until smooth and combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt, then stir in the dried fruit, nuts/seeds, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top, then stir until the ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Roll the mixture into 12 evenly-sized balls. Lay on parchment paper.
- Place the granola balls in the refrigerator to set, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator or freezer for later.
Serving: 12 | Calories: 162 | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3.6g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 15g | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg |