Keep your energy up while enjoying this delicious and hearty soup full of wholesome ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion diced small
- 2 carrots peeled and diced small
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 15 ounces black beans can, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low sodium is suggested)
In a large pot add olive oil and sauté garlic for one minute. Add diced onions and carrots and continue to sauté until onion is tender, approximately 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cover.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until lentils and carrots are tender, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
Serving: 1cup (approximately) | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2979IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg |