ACE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
You love numbers and you are an attention-to-detail perfectionist. While the combination of the two might drive those around you crazy – it has made you a superior accountant. We need you here! Let us help you bring out your inner obsessive accountant. We are looking for an experienced accounting enthusiast to join us at Advantia Health and manage our accounting function.
At Advantia 1 + 1 = better healthcare. We are passionate about healthcare and believe our unique perspective (along with your excellent math skills) will make life better. Advantia Health is a new integrated health delivery network. Our mission is to help women manage their health and the health of their families through high quality healthcare services delivered conveniently and with great customer service. We believe that by integrating technology and providing care at the most convenient and efficient site of care, we will improve the lives of our patients and help them maintain their health. We believe that by valuing empathy, service, and efficiency we can both reduce healthcare costs and improve quality and service levels at the same time.
The Role...Results, Accountabilities, and Tasks
First let’s discuss the results we are looking for:
- Proper GAAP accounting for multiple entities consolidated into one
- Does not accept mistakes / sloppy accounting; takes pride in the quality of work resulting in accurate data and cost reporting
- Five calendar day close
- Enforcement of accounting policies and procedures
- A clean audit by our outside CPA firm
- Responds quickly to data calls and emails in a friendly way – customer service focus
- Practice office leads want someone who can quickly and accurately give them updates on statuses like vendor payments – even more customer service focus
We are creating a team that will take us to new heights. In this role, initially we need a heads-down, roll-up-your sleeves, get-it-done person, who can be treated like a professional and needs little supervision. The role will grow over time; acquisition integration, adding staff, treasury functions, controllership. We hope you will grow personally and professionally in the role and within Advantia.
These are the key near term accountabilities, so that when we look back over your first six months we can say “you are a success.” As goals are completed new goals and metrics will be created.
- Meet accounting calendar deadlines for assigned tasks
- Ensure the accounting portion of the payroll process is completed error free – no one likes a mistake in their paycheck
- Demonstrate expertise in generating reports from the accounting system
- Every Friday, accurately prepare vendor payments in accordance with payment terms
- Corporate bank statements are reconciled within 5 days of receipt
- All filing is completed every Friday
Now let’s review the tasks we expect will lead to the desired results. These are grouped in traditional accounting areas.
- General Accounting. This is the oversight, coordination, and control of the accounting records and periodic closing activities of Advantia. Includes the maintenance of the general ledger, the preparation of the trial balance, and other financial reports and related activities including reconciling accounts and maintaining adequate supporting documentation for all journal entries. All accounting will be done in accordance with GAAP.
- A/P. Create and maintain new vendors in Intacct, verifying company and collecting 1099 data. Respond to vendor credit application requests. Process vendor payments via check, EFT, or wire transfer. Enforce expense reimbursement policy. Research and resolve vendor payment issues. Maintain vendor files.
- A/R. Reconcile and post A/R detail from the EMR systems to general ledger in accordance with revenue recognition policy. Record cash receipts. Prepare and submit invoices. Respond to general inquiries about invoices and payments received. Monitor A/R aging and seek to reduce DSO.
- Other accounting activities. Reconcile monthly bank statements and prepare loan borrowing base reports. Support annual audits and tax filings. Prepare various reports.
Traits, Skills, and Experience (listed in order of importance)
You may convince us otherwise, but we believe this is what it takes to be successful.
- You get start-ups: teamwork/cooperation, “grab an oar” mentality, and you adapt quickly
- You are honest and you work hard
- You want the team to win
- You take initiative, you act not just react, and you like improvement and change
- You leverage new technology to work smarter not harder
- You have a sense of personal accountability and urgency, and you meet deadlines
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous responsibility for full cycle accounting – from AP to payroll to close you have done it all
- Experience in a small company environment
- Accounting degree
- Any experience using Intacct is a plus
As with any job in the DC metro area, you should consider your commute before applying. Our office is in the heart of Rosslyn on Wilson Blvd, driving here can be tough.
You will be paid fairly based on the responsibilities of the position; this is an accounting manager position at a small company. You will be rewarded based on your ability to deliver results and take on additional responsibilities. Advantia offers typical benefits. Some local travel is anticipated for this position.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply for this position.
Steps in the Process
- First-pass assessment of candidates. (Ends July 15)
- Phone interviews with semi-finalists. (Ends July 22)
- Finalist interviews in Rosslyn office. (Ends July 29)
- Begin position. (August 22 if not sooner)
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation that includes a financial credit check.
Advantia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to global diversity: it’s a place where good people want to work and customers want to continue to engage EOE M/F/D/V.